How to pick a GRILL?
The Bottom Line
The cynic will tell you that this is a red (or black) version of the Big Green Egg. To be honest, the similarities are so great that the average person could probably not tell the difference between the two. The truth is that they cook the same, work the same, and the only real difference is how they are equipped. Kamado Joe has begun to look beyond just making extras into standard features and has started innovating, making them a more viable kamado solution.
- Ceramic shell holds heat for even cooking
- Excellent ventilation gives you great heat control
- Works great as a smoker
- Can be shut down to snuff out remaining charcoal
- Price tag
- 18-inch diameter cooking surface (255 square inches)
- Comes with stand (nest) and polyethylene side tables
- Top vent cap is cast iron – bottom vent is stainless steel
- Ceramic body with enameled steel parts
- Stainless steel cooking grates
- Spring loaded lid for easy lifting
- Removable ash catcher drawer
- Includes multi-level cooking grate system